Vets v Jason King 11 won 5.4

Due to Jason getting married later this month ,this game was brought forward . This being the last home match of the season for our vets. As usual some of the boys had bottled it ,scared of being beaten again by the old men.,so Jason took a couple of our younger vets to get a team out. We still had a strong squad of 16 , as usual we play 12 players in these games to even it up a bit. The boys still not happy with that. Kick off came and within 10 second the ball was laid back to Nigel on the 18 yd box ,who normally is very reliable ,but as the sun was out and shining he decided to lay on his back and sunbath for a few seconds, this left there forward 2 touch to scratch his head then decide to collect the ball and calmly beat Glen in goal. Not a good start. We came back quickly and started to create chances and from a shot by jardine was spilt by the keeper and Kevin Anderson was on hand to follow up and score with his left foot (a rare feat). Sedge and jardine had a few exchange of words soon after ,I think sedge was telling jardine where to go,but it seemed to work when jardine toe poked a ball in from 8 yards to make it 2.1. The boys looked dangerous in attack, but didn't like to defend when they lost the ball, where as the vets looked hungry to get the ball ,with sedge leading the way, snapping at people's heels. But from another attack ,another vets player ,playing for the boys Gee struck a great goal from 12 yard out ,to go in 2.2 at half time. A few harsh words at half time by coach King ,asking the players to step the game up,seemed to work, and we totally dominated the 2nd half., but made it very difficult for ourselves as we missed so many chances. Dippy was introduced at half time ,and he only lasted 20 mins ,in that time he had missed 3 sitters and scored 1 that was disallowed due to offside. We got a bit disjointed at time due to the amount of substitutes used, but we kept plugging away, and a shot by Kempy was only parried out but the keeper , but Johnny on the spot sedge was following up ,and scored from an acute angle . 3.2 became 4,2 when sedge again finished off a move and scored from 8 yard out. In between he could have had another 3 goals. I am going to blame the pitch as I haven't seen him miss so many easy chances, but as with all great players they keep going and he got his just rewards. The boys hadn't finished and 2 touch again was on hand to score. 4,3' this soon became 4.4 when a sloppy pass across the box by Roy fell to Jason King ,playing his 1st game for 18 months who hit it 1st time from 20 yard into the net.4. 4. This seemed to get us going again and a great run and cross by Chris Parker found John Clarke inside the 6 yd box who steered the ball home. HOLD ON , those of you who know John plays at right back and thinking how the hell did he get that far forward. I was playing him at centre forward . But it was disallowed as the linesman had his flag up for offside. But we were finally rewarded when another great run and cross but Chris Parker found Gavin who mishit it and the ball rolled to Darren Lawrence who stabbed it home from close range. No other scares and the game finished 5.4 to the vets. Free Drinks and excellent food provided by Stacey yet again provided a great end to the morning . The M.O M today goes to Nigel Parker ,who apart from the 1st 10 seconds was excellent in his organisation and reading of the game. Next Sunday Red Bull away. Kingy

Sent from my iPad