Match report v Buckden


Hope you have had a cracking couple of days away? Please find attached the match report for today.

A super spring day at the Home of Hemingford vets with 25 degrees forecasted. After several changes this week Kingy finally got a game on . We welcomed my old team Buckden to Hemingford full of characters and a strong side.

We had 15 with Dippy texting Kingy at 8.30 am for a game and calling Dazer for a lift. Also we welcomed Jack a new lad from Buckden just hitting the 35 year old threshold. Another ex player and Buckden manger. So with Rudders it was all set up for a cracker.Kingy as normal picked a strong 4-4-2

Youngy in goal anda back four of little Kev, the fantastic centre half partnership of big Kev and Nigel with Gavin at Left back. The midfield was Sedge on the right , Simon and two touch in the middle and Chris on the left leaving big Roy and rudders up front. That left a strong bench of Stuart , Dippy, Dazer and Jack. Kingy wanted to rest some of his star over 50 for the big games v Cambs on Thursday. 6.30pm Kick off at Hemingford we need some support.

Kingy team talk was fantastic as normal with the fantastic Dippy taking the well deserved Banter. He then delegate to Dazzer and Sedge to manage the team.

Buckden started really well as did we. However some positions Lingy and the young James were put in played into our hands. Clarky and Ray were two similar and Big Kev and Nigel clearing up early threats. We started to play, move the ball quickly and Simon was looking majestic on the ball. Sedge was pulling the strings and Two touch looked lifely as he did not play yesterday. Pearcy was clearing up at the back and Matt Linnel and Oli Day were chasing shadows in midfield as we dominated.

After 15 minutes a great tackle from Little Kev fell to Sedge who shot from 30 yards 1-0. This was after we Two touch and Sedge had hit the bar. Kingy articulated before he left that with three games to go Sedge and two touch were leading in the goal scoring stakes.

From the touch line it was majestic to watch and we were playing some superb footballand both Gavin and little Kev was were getting forward and Roy was a handful up front . Rudders was again trying too hard and missed several chances .

However a great ball to Rudders got on the other side of Pearcy and 2-0. You could see Buckden were struggling to stay with our pace and fitness. It wasn’t too long before Sedge got a great third and Two touch finally got on some fantastic wing play by Chris to make it 4-0. The time for Dippy and Jack to replace Rudders and little Kev.

Dippy was quick to get on the ball and get caught off side three times in the last ten minutes before setting up Big Roy to make it 5-0 . Sedge was calling the shots and advising the line to note his assists and then put clean thru by Rudders with only the keeper to beat he hit the bar.

After the 30 minute drinks break we seemed to think it was half time and Matt linnel set up Oli Day to make it 5-1 just before half time.

A fantastic first half and a great team performance . One of the best I have been involved in.

The half team team talk was very easy and Dazer made two Changes Stuart on for Gavin and  Little Kev back on.

We Started well again with Simon playing really well and two touch and Sedge driving the team forward. Dippy looked like he was enjoying himself and the sunshine. Another two offside.  Little Kev was put thru by Sedge only to hit the bar again?

Clarky was put in midfield by Buckden second half to be physical and ruff Two touch and Simon up. It wasn’t working as two touch won a great free kick. Usually Sedge is there first but Simon grabbed the ball 25 yards out.  7-1 what Simon deserved.

The next 10 minutes we has a rest with Oli Day making a great cross for Ray to make it 7-2.

We then stepped up the gears again and Pearcy was trying to confuse the Ref and the rest of us by calling out the score line and Ray and Lingy were getting very frustrated as the pace of our play was top draw.

Drinks break with 15 minutes to go. Another couple of changes. Dippy was taken off , and Two Touch and Roy had a rest. Dazer came on for the last 15 minutes and unfortunately a great cross caught us cold and Ray made it 7-3 .

The next 10 minutes saw little Kev after Nigel talked him thru the goal made it 8-3 and a great touch from Stuart the over 50 captain on Thursday got his Hatrick .

Two touch got his second and our 10th to keep in touch with Sedge on leading Goal scorer.

Blakey then called time as we were just about to get an 11th.

A great team performance and one of the best on a sunny day against a strong Buckden day. As always a lovely Buffet was enjoyed